We want your time as an Arches tenant to go as smoothly as possible. That’s why as a resident, you have certain responsibilities - and certain standards you can reasonably expect from us.
For full details of both your and our expectations, you can find them outlined in full in your tenancy agreement and the resident handbook. Make sure you read your tenancy agreement carefully to make sure you know what’s expected of you – and what you can expect from us.
What are your responsibilities?
- pay your rent on time
- report any repairs
- notify us of any changes in circumstances that may affect your tenancy
- not run any kind of business from your house
- not allow your house to become overcrowded
- put all household rubbish for collection in the bin store or other allocated place
- keep your property and garden clean and in good condition
- take reasonable care to prevent any damage to your property, your neighbour’s property and any communal areas
- not act in an antisocial manner, treating your neighbours, community and our staff with respect
What are our responsibilities?
- help you live peacefully in your home
- keep your home in a reasonable state of repair
- allow you the right to stay in your home unless a court orders you to leave following rent arrears, damage to the property or breach of contract
- allow your spouse, civil partner or other partner to take over the tenancy on your death (the right of ‘succession’)